If you need immediate urgent help call 999. In non-emergency situations you can also contact the NTU Security team, available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, on 0115 848 2222.
Support for Colleagues
Call the Police on 999 if your situation is an emergency.  If you are concerned about your immediate safety on campus, please call NTU Security on 0115 848 2222.

If you require urgent medical help, please see your GP, visit an NHS Walk in Centre, call 111, visit NHS Accident and Emergency, or call an ambulance.

Colleagues who complete a named report will be contacted by an HR adviser within 5 working days. The adviser can provide support and guidance and refer to relevant services.

Colleagues can contact support services. Please note that HR hours are 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.  We are not able to respond to enquiries during bank holidays and University closure periods, but colleagues can contact NTU Security at any time, if they have any safety concerns on campus.

Remember, you can also speak to your line manager, or their manager, if the concern is about the behaviour of your line manager.

Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Find free, confidential advice and counselling services for all NTU colleagues.

Peer Support Scheme for colleagues
Peer Support Contacts offer impartial listening and signposting peer-to-peer support to colleagues who wish to understand how to raise and/or report and issue or concern that they have or are experiencing whilst at NTU.

Human Resources (HR)
Find contact information for your HR business partners and HR departments.

Trade Unions
Find Trade Union representative contact details

General sources of support

Citizens Advice 
Provide some useful information on the different types of harassment and hate crime people may experience including disability hate crime, racist and religious hate crime, sexual harassment, and sexual orientation and transgender identity hate crime.

True Vision 
Offer guidance on reporting hate crime and hate incidents. If you do not wish to talk to anyone in person about the incident or wish to remain anonymous, there is an online form for reporting hate crime; you can report non-crime hate incidents to the police to try and prevent any escalation in seriousness.

Disability Equality NW 
Run the Developing from the Negatives Project (DFN), which aims to raise awareness of Disability Hate Crime and encourage reporting. 

Tell MAMA 
Supports victims of anti-Muslim hate and is a public service which also measures and monitors anti-Muslim incidents.

Community Security Trust (CS) 
Helps those who are victims of anti-Semitic hatred, harassment or bias.

Neighbourhood Policing Teams
The Police website provides a list of Neighbourhood Policing Teams in your area, who you can contact to gather details of your Neighbourhood Policing Team; how to arrange a visit from your Neighbourhood Policing Team and local support agencies. 

Victim Support 
When you report a crime to the police, they should automatically ask you if you would like help from an organisation like Victim Support. But anyone affected by crime can contact them directly you don’t need to talk to the police to get Victim Support help.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened