If you need immediate urgent help call 999. In non-emergency situations you can also contact the NTU Security team, available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, on 0115 848 2222.
All NTU students have signed up and agreed to our Student Code of Behaviour. They are clear on our expectations of them with regards to being a responsible and respectful member of the community.

If you are experiencing any issues or difficulties with NTU students that you are not able to address with them directly, please let us know so we can help.

We operate a 24/7 security team on all of our campuses. Should you require immediate assistance, you can call NTU Security on 0115 848 2222 at any time of day. We normally respond to calls in less than 30 minutes.

Contacting the University

If you wish to make a complaint about the behaviour of a student in the local community, please call 0115 848 4666, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, or email the Student Community Liaison team via communityliaison@ntu.ac.uk 

Please provide us with as much information as possible about the incident.

We’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible. However, please bear in mind that it can often take a few days for us to get back to you as we have to speak to all the relevant departments at the University.

Please report all incidents about anti-social behaviour, noise, wastage, parking and any other related issues to your local council or the police.

Contacting Nottingham City Council

If you wish to report an issue with a property registered as an House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO) and / or its tenants, email the HMO team via hmo@nottinghamcity.gov.uk or call Nottingham City Council’s Service Centre Helpline on 0115 915 2020.

Help and Support

Citizens Advice 
Provide some useful information on the different types of harassment and hate crime people may experience including disability hate crime, racist and religious hate crime, sexual harassment, and sexual orientation and transgender identity hate crime.

True Vision 
Offer guidance on reporting hate crime and hate incidents. If you do not wish to talk to anyone in person about the incident or wish to remain anonymous, there is an online form for reporting hate crime; you can report non-crime hate incidents to the police to try and prevent any escalation in seriousness.

Disability Equality NW 
Run the Developing from the Negatives Project (DFN), which aims to raise awareness of Disability Hate Crime and encourage reporting. 

Tell MAMA 
Supports victims of anti-Muslim hate and is a public service which also measures and monitors anti-Muslim incidents.

Community Security Trust (CS) 
Helps those who are victims of anti-Semitic hatred, harassment or bias.

Neighbourhood Policing Teams
The Police website provides a list of Neighbourhood Policing Teams in your area, who you can contact to gather details of your Neighbourhood Policing Team; how to arrange a visit from your Neighbourhood Policing Team and local support agencies. 

Victim Support 
When you report a crime to the police, they should automatically ask you if you would like help from an organisation like Victim Support. But anyone affected by crime can contact them directly you don’t need to talk to the police to get Victim Support help.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened